- Chevrolet MyLink audio system, 4.2 diagonal color screen with AM/FM stereo, USB ports auxiliary jack, SD card slot, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and most phones, hands-free smartphone integration, Pandora Internet radio and voice-activated technology for radio and phone
- Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system
- 6-speaker audio system
- Single-slot CD/MP3 player
- Grille, chrome with chrome surround, chrome with chrome honeycomb mesh
- Bumper, front chrome
- Tire, spare P255/70R17 all-season, blackwall (Included and only available with (RBZ) P255/70R17 all-season, blackwall tires.)
- Recovery hooks, front, frame-mounted, black (Included with 4WD models only.) (Standard with 4WD models. Available with 2WD models.)
- Wheel, full-size spare, 17 x 7 (43.2 cm x 17.8 cm) aluminum (Included and only available with model K15543 and (L83) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (LV3) 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 engine. Not available with 20 wheels or 22 LPO wheels.)
- Wheelhouse liners, rear
- Glass, deep-tinted
- Tire carrier lock, keyed cylinder lock that utilizes same key as ignition and door
- CornerStep, rear bumper
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, black (includes driver's side spotter mirror) (Upgradeable to (DP6) body color with (PDA) Texas Edition or (PEB) Custom Sport.)
- Headlamps, halogen reflector
- Door handles, Black
- Wheels, 17 x 8 (43.2 cm x 20.3 cm) bright machined aluminum
- Tires, P255/70R17 all-season, blackwall
- Tailgate, EZ-Lift and Lower
- Bumper, rear chrome
- Lamps, cargo area, cab mounted with switch on center switch bank
- Tailgate, locking utilizes same key as ignition and door
- Tailgate and bed rail protection cap, top
- Floor covering, color-keyed carpeting with rubberized vinyl floor mats (Double Cab and Crew Cabs include second row floor mats)
- Air conditioning, single-zone
- Door locks, power
- Instrumentation, 6-gauge cluster featuring speedometer, fuel level, engine temperature, tachometer, voltage and oil pressure
- Assist handle, front passenger on A-pillar
- Driver Information Center, 4.2-inch diagonal color display includes driver personalization, warning messages and vehicle information
- Visors, driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped with audio and cruise controls
- Steering column, Tilt-Wheel, manual with theft-deterrent locking feature
- Remote Keyless Entry, with 2 transmitters
- Steering wheel audio controls
- Windows, power front and rear with driver express up and down and express down on all other windows
- Seat, rear 60/40 folding bench (folds up), 3-passenger (includes child seat top tether anchor)
- Seats, front 40/20/40 split-bench, 3-passenger, available in cloth or leather includes driver and front passenger recline with outboard head restraints and center fold-down armrest with storage. Also includes manually adjustable driver lumbar, lockable storage compartment in seat cushion, and storage pockets. (Leather with (KA1) heat is an available extra charge option with (H1Y) Jet Black leather appointed interior trim and requires (PCM) LT Convenience Package or (PDU) All Star Edition.) (Leather with (KA1) heat is an available extra charge option with (H1Y) Jet Black leather appointed interior trim and requires (PCY) LT Fleet Convenience Package or (PDU) All Star Edition.)
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed, steering wheel-mounted
- Rear axle, 3.42 ratio (Standard on 4WD (LV3) 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 engine and (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine. Available with (L83) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine.)
- Brakes, 4-wheel disc with DURALIFE rotors, 4-wheel antilock
- Four wheel drive
- Cooling, external engine oil cooler
- Body, Pick Up Box
- Transmission, 6-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode. Includes Cruise Grade Braking and Powertrain Grade Braking
- Transfer case, electronic Autotrac with rotary dial control (Included with 4WD models only.)
- Engine, 4.3L FlexFuel EcoTec3 V6 with Active Fuel Management, Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing includes aluminum block construction with FlexFuel capability, capable of running on unleaded or up to 85% ethanol (285 hp [212 kW] @ 5300 rpm, 305 lb-ft of torque [413 Nm] @ 3900 rpm)
- StabiliTrak, stability control system with Proactive Roll Avoidance and traction control includes electronic trailer sway control and hill start assist
- Battery, heavy-duty 730 cold-cranking amps/70 Amp-hr, maintenance-free with rundown protection and retained accessory power
- Frame, fully-boxed, hydroformed front section
- Suspension Package, Handling/Trailering
- Alternator, 150 amps
- Steering, Electric Power Steering (EPS) assist, rack-and-pinion
- Exhaust, aluminized stainless-steel muffler and tailpipe
- GVWR, 7100 lbs. (3221 kg) (Requires 4WD models and (LV3) 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 engine.)
- Daytime Running Lamps with automatic exterior lamp control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (does not apply to spare tire)
- OnStar, 6 months of Directions and Connections plan includes Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Roadside Assistance and Turn-by-Turn Navigation (Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.)
- Air bags, dual-stage frontal and side-impact, driver and front passenger and head-curtain and seat-mounted side-impact, front and rear outboard seating positions with Passenger Sensing System (Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
As in years past, the new Silverado is available in several different configurations to suit every need. Whether in 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive form, in regular cab, double cab or crew cab, short box or long, there's a Silverado that fits.
All-new interiors include an upright instrument panel and 6-gauge cluster, along with several interior storage solutions. The new Chevrolet MyLink provides quick and easy connectivity through the latest voice recognition software, whether on the job or on the town. The 4.2-inch or 8-inch color touch screen provides Bluetooth hands-free connectivity, twin USB ports and an SD card slot. Cabins are stronger and quieter too, thanks to high-strength steel construction and shear-style body mounts to help tune out noise and vibration. Double cabs and crew cabs utilize hydraulic body mounts to further isolate the cabs.
Beneath the cabin, the Silverado features electric power steering and a revised front and rear suspension with wider wheels, for better handling and a more comfortable ride. Four-wheel disc brakes with Duralife rotors greatly improve brake feel an increase brake life.
Buyers have a choice of three new all-aluminum "EcoTec3" engines to power their Silverado. Each features direct injection and variable valve timing, as well as Active Fuel Management cylinder de-activation, allowing the engines to run efficiently on just four cylinders when conditions allow. The base 4.3L V6 provides 285 hp and 305 ft-lb of torque. The 5.4L V8 produces 355 hp and 383 ft-lb of torque. A 6.2L V8, available later in the model year, will top the range in power and torque. Silverados equipped with the V6 can two up to 7,200 pounds, which is tops for any base V6 in the segment. When equipped with the 5.3L V8 and max towing package, Silverados can tow up to 11,500 pounds, which is best in class. All Silverado engines are mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
The 2014 Silverado comes in seven distinct trim levels. Two work trucks include 1WT and 2WT, each with the 4.3L V6, disc brakes, a 40/20/40 front bench seat, power locks and windows, cruise control and a 6-speaker audio system. 2WT also incudes chrome bumpers, remote keyless entry and MyLink. LT models will feature the 8-inch color touchscreen, EX-Lift tailgate, 17-inch aluminum wheels and trailering package. LTZ models also feature the larger touchscreen but add the 5.3L V8 standard, leather seating, dual-zone climate control, rear vision camera and 18-inch wheels. Z71 trim can be paired with either LT or LTZ models and comes with enhanced off-road capability through Ranch monotube shocks, hill descent control, all-terrain tires, fog lamps and a d locking rear differential. Finally the Silverado High Country will hit showrooms later in the model year as a fully loaded truck.
The 2014 Chevy Silverado is available with segment-exclusive safety features such as Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning with an Active Safety Seat, and Front and Rear Park Assist. StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control and Hill Start Assist are standard on all Silverados.
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 full-size pickup is completely redesigned for 2014. Chevy says it is "new from hood to hitch? engineered to be stronger, smarter and more capable than ever before." Revised sheet metal creates a heavily creased, squared, and powerful look. The new trucks also include three new all-aluminum EcoTec3 engines -- a V6 and two V8s -- with cylinder de-activation, direct injection and variable valve timing. As a result, each produces more power and torque than the units they replace. Chevrolet claims the new 355-hp 5.3L "EcoTec3" V8 delivers 23 mpg on the highway in 2-wheel drive models, making it the most fuel-efficient V8 truck on the road, while the 285-hp 4.3L V6 is claimed to have the most torque and highest tow rating of any standard V6.
A quieter, more comfortable, more technologically advanced cab is also new, as is revised steering, suspension and brakes and a new cargo management solutions in the bed. All these changes and more in the new Silverado 1500 amount to zero increase in the base price, with the regular cab starting at $24,585.