- Audio system controls, rear with 2 headphone jacks (headphones not included), power outlet and controls for volume, station selection and media
- Bluetooth for phone personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system and HMI (Human Machine Interface) with specific steering wheel controls
- Audio system feature, 6-speaker system
- Audio system, AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible 6-disc in-dash CD changer seek-and-scan, digital clock and auto-tone control and auxiliary audio input jack (Not available with (PCJ) Sun, Entertainment and Destinations Package.)
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, manual-folding (Mirror caps are color-keyed.)
- Glass, Solar-Ray deep-tinted (all windows except light-tinted glass on windshield and driver- and front passenger-side glass)
- Moldings, color-keyed bodyside
- Assist steps, Black (Not available with (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package.)
- Tire carrier, lockable outside spare winch-type mounted under frame at rear
- Fog lamps, front, halogen
- Liftgate with liftglass rear door system with rear-window wiper/washer
- Fascia, rear color-keyed
- Luggage rack side rails, roof-mounted, Black
- Luggage rack center rails, roof-mounted, Black
- Wiper, rear intermittent with washer
- Tires, P265/65R18 blackwall, TL AL2 (Requires 2WD models and (XFE) XFE - Xtra Fuel Economy.)
- Fascia, front color-keyed
- Tire, spare P265/70R17
- Headlamps, dual halogen composite with automatic exterior lamp control and flash-to-pass feature
- Wheels, 4-18 x 8 (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) aluminum (Included and only available with (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package or (XFE) XFE - Xtra Fuel Economy.)
- Wheel, 17 (43.2 cm) full-size, aluminum spare (Included and only available with (XFE) XFE - Xtra Fuel Economy.)
- Power outlets, 5 auxiliary, 12-volt includes 2 on the instrument panel, 1 in the cargo area, 1 inside the center console and 1 at the back of the console.
- Windows, power with driver Express-Down and lockout features
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped
- Visors, driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors padded with cloth trim, extends on rod
- Theft-deterrent system, vehicle, PASS-Key III
- Seat adjuster, driver power
- Remote vehicle starter system, includes Remote Keyless Entry
- Steering column, Tilt-Wheel, adjustable with brake/transmission shift interlock
- Universal Home Remote, includes garage door opener, programmable
- Seats, third row 50/50 split-bench 3-passenger, removable, all-belts-to-seat
- Lighting, interior with dome light, driver- and passenger-side door switch with delayed entry feature, cargo lights, door handle or Remote Keyless Entry-activated illuminated entry and map lights in front and second seat positions
- Headliner, cloth
- Assist handles, front passenger and second row outboard
- Floor mats, color-keyed carpeted front and second row, removable
- Seats, second row 60/40 split-folding bench 3-passenger with center armrest with 2 cup holders
- Mirror, inside rearview manual day/night
- Seat adjuster, passenger power
- Defogger, rear-window electric
- Door locks, power programmable with lockout protection
- Steering wheel controls mounted audio and cruise controls
- Instrumentation, analog with speedometer, odometer with trip odometer, fuel level, voltmeter, engine temperature, oil pressure and tachometer
- Seats, front bucket with (AG1) 6-way power driver and (AG2) front passenger seat adjusters, adjustable head restraints, (AM1) driver manual lumbar control, floor console and rear storage pockets
- Door handles, color-keyed
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed
- Rear Parking Assist, Ultrasonic with rearview LED display and audible warning
- Floor covering, color-keyed carpeting
- Heater, rear auxiliary with rear passenger heating ducts
- Warning tones headlamp on, key-in-ignition, driver and right-front passenger safety belt unfasten and turn signal on
- Air conditioning, rear auxiliary
- Air conditioning, tri-zone automatic climate control with individual climate settings for driver and right-front passenger
- Pedals, power-adjustable for accelerator and brake (Includes memory function with (AN3) front bucket seats.)
- Console, floor with storage area, cup holders and integrated second row audio controls
- Transmission, 6-speed automatic electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc, VAC power
- Trailering equipment includes trailering hitch platform, 7-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector and (VR4) 2 trailering receiver
- GVWR, 7000 lbs (3175 kg) (Included and only available with (XFE) XFE - Xtra Fuel Economy.)
- Rear axle, 3.08 ratio (Requires 2WD models, (LC9) Vortec 5.3L V8 SFI FlexFuel engine with Active Fuel Management and (XFE) XFE - Xtra Fuel Economy.)
- Suspension, rear multi-link with coil springs
- Suspension Package, Premium Smooth Ride (Not available with (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package.)
- Alternator, 160 amps
- Steering, power
- Rear wheel drive
- Battery, heavy-duty 600 cold-cranking amps, maintenance-free with rundown protection and retained accessory power
- Suspension, front coil-over-shock with stabilizer bar
- Engine, Vortec 5.3L V8 SFI FlexFuel with Active Fuel Management, capable of running on unleaded or up to 85% ethanol (310 hp [231.1 kW] @ 5200 rpm, 335 lb-ft of torque [452.3 N-m] @ 4400 rpm), aluminum block (Requires 2WD models and (XFE) XFE - Xtra Fuel Economy.)
- XFE - Xtra Fuel Economy (Requires 2WD models, (GU4) 3.08 ratio rear axle, (LC9) Vortec 5.3L V8 SFI FlexFuel engine with Active Fuel Management, (N87) 4 - 18 x 8 (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) aluminum wheels and (QMG) P265/65R18 blackwall tires. Not available with (K5L) Heavy-Duty Trailering Package and (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package.)
- Air bags, head curtain side-impact, first and second row outboard seating positions with rollover sensor, includes third row seating positions with (AS3) 3-passenger third row bench seat (Head curtain side air bags are designed to help reduce the risk of head and neck injuries to front and rear seat occupants on the near side of certain side-impact collisions. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your childs age and size, even in vehicles equipped with air bags. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat. See the vehicles Owners Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.)
- OnStar, 1-year of Directions and Connections plan. Includes the innovative easy to use Turn-by-Turn Navigation services which provide voice-guided directions (where available). Also includes Automatic Crash Notification, Automatic Notification of Air Bag Deployment, Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance, a link to all Emergency Services, Roadside Assistance, Remote Door Unlock, OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, Hands-Free Calling, AccidentAssist, Remote Horn and Lights, Information and Convenience Services, and Driving Directions (OnStar services require vehicle electrical system (including battery), wireless service and GPS satellite signals to be available and operating for features to function properly. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance and Remote Door Unlock success varies with conditions. OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics available on most 2004 MY and newer GM vehicles. Diagnostic capability varies by model. Turn-by-Turn Navigation requires ABS and is not available in certain areas. Visit onstar.com or call 1-888-466-7827 for system limitations and details. For a list of vehicles with Automatic Crash Notification visit onstar.com.)
- Safety belts, 3-point, driver and front passenger in all seating positions
- Daytime Running Lamps with automatic exterior lamp control
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren) for child safety seats
- Air bags, dual-stage frontal, driver and right-front passenger with Passenger Sensing System (right-front passenger air bag status on overhead console) (Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your childs age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. See the vehicles Owners Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.)
- StabiliTrak, stability control system with traction control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (does not apply to spare tire)
The 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban are lines of full-size sport-utility vehicles that are very similar, but the Suburban is 20 inches longer.
Both the Tahoe and Suburban are offered in LS, LT and LTZ models, with either rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive for each. Suburbans can be specified either as standard-duty 1500 models or heavy-duty 2500 models. The Tahoe can tow up to 8,200 pounds, while the Suburban 2500 can tow up to 9,700 pounds when properly equipped.
A 295-horsepower, 4.8L V8 engine is standard on rear-wheel-drive Tahoes; an E85-compatible 5.3L V8 making 320 horsepower and 340 ft-lb of torque is optional on 2WD models and standard on 4WD Tahoes and Suburban 1500 models. Also optional on Tahoes is a 6.2L V8 making 395 horsepower and 417 ft-lb. The heavy-duty Suburban 2500 models have a standard 6.0L V8 making 352 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque.
The 4.8L engine comes with a four-speed automatic transmission; the 5.3L, 6.0L and 6.2L V8s get a new, fuel-saving six-speed automatic. The 5.3L and 6.0L engines also have active fuel management, which cuts off fuel to half of the cylinders in some conditions when full engine power isn't needed.
The Tahoe Hybrid model, which joined the lineup in 2008, gets a 6.0L V8 as part of a 2-Mode hybrid system that is capable of powering the Tahoe at low speed on electric power alone, while at higher speeds the electric motor system assists the gasoline engine for more efficient accelerating and passing. The Hybrid has eight-passenger seating and can tow up to 6,200 pounds.
The stiff, fully boxed frame of Tahoe and Suburban helps provide the structure for heavy hauling and towing and also reduces vibration in the passenger cabin. There's also extensive noise-reduction material used throughout the models inside the headliner, over the engine, in front of the dash and in door seals.
Luxurious LTZ models get a smooth Autoride suspension system, which has two modes of damping--one firmer, one softer--which it can switch between quickly depending on driving conditions.
Inside, the Tahoe and Suburban have a sophisticated instrument panel design, with LED backlighting and chrome accents, which is smoother and more car-like in design than most other full-size SUVs. Bluetooth hands-free connectivity is standard.
Roof-mounted head-curtain air bags with rollover protection, covering all three seating rows, are standard across the model lines, and StabiliTrak electronic stability control and anti-lock brakes are also included with both models.
Standout features available on the Tahoe and Suburban include a remote start system, heated seats for the first and second rows, a power-release fold-and-tumble second row, ultrasonic rear parking assist, a rearview camera system, touch-screen navigation and an eight-inch rear DVD entertainment system.
For 2009, the Chevy Tahoe and its larger sibling, the Suburban, see few changes. The Tahoe gets a new six-speed transmission.
Bluetooth hands-free connectivity is now standard on Tahoe and Suburban, with several minor options changes, package reshuffles and a few new exterior colors now available on both models as well.