- Radio w/Clock
- Full-Size Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Clearcoat Paint
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Black Door Handles
- Front Fog Lamps
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Reverse Opening Rear Doors
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Fold-Up Cushion Rear Seat
- Pickup Cargo Box Lights
- Rear Cupholder
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Analog Display
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Front Cigar Lighter(s)
- Perimeter Alarm
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Cabback Insulator and Chrome Interior Accents
- Manual Air Conditioning
- Transmission: Electronic 6-Speed Automatic -inc: tow/haul mode
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Leaf Rear Suspension w/Leaf Springs
- GVWR: 6,300 lbs Payload Package
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- Engine: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 (FFV)
- Towing w/Harness and Trailer Sway Control
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Part-Time Four-Wheel Drive
- 3.73 Axle Ratio
- 70-Amp/Hr 610CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 200 Amp Alternator
- Auto Locking Hubs
- 23 Gal. Fuel Tank
- 1660# Maximum Payload
- Electronic Transfer Case
- Side Impact Beams
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Safety Canopy System Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
The 2015 F-150 has to be many things to many people, from work truck, to cruiser, to offroad vehicle, to boat hauler; there is an F-150 for virtually every task. As a result, the lineup is diverse. There are four engines available on the F-150, five trims and with several body options.
The most basic engine is a 3.5L V6 which produces 283 horsepower and 255 foot-pounds of torque, allowing for a tow rating of 7600 lbs, which bests other competitors when equipped with their basic V6 engines. The next step up is a 2.7L turbocharged V6 making 325 horsepower and 355 foot-pounds of torque. A bigger 3.5L turbocharged V6 makes 365 horsepower and 420 foot-pounds of torque, helping the F-150 rate a class-leading towing spec of 12,200 lbs. The top of the line 5.0L V8 makes 385 horsepower.
Trims include XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum. The basic XL trim is available with three different cab sizes and three different bed lengths in either 2WD or 4WD configurations. Owing to its work-truck pretensions, the XL is relatively light on bells and whistles, with just basic utilities like an AM/FM radio and a 4.2" screen in the center stack.
The XLT, while still relatively basic, adds chrome bumpers, Ford's SYNC system, fog lamps, an alarm, air conditioning, automatic headlamps, cruise control, keyless entry, power windows, a powered tailgate and power door locks.
Lariat trimmed F-150s start to venture into more luxurious territory and are likewise, only available with extended or crew cab cabins. Standard equipment on the Lariat includes power folding door mirrors, a rearview camera, 18" wheels, ambient interior lighting, steering wheel mounted audio and cruise controls, a power sliding rear window, an autodimming rearview mirror, leather trimmed seats, a 10-way power adjustable driver's seat, SiriusXM satellite radio and an 8" touch screen.
King Ranch versions come standard with the 5.0L V8 engine, a crew cab cabin and 2-tone exterior paint. Other features on the King Ranch include LED box lighting, LED headlamps, lots of exterior chrome, heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals and an auto-dimming feature on the driver's side, a remote starter, heated front and rear seats, wood interior trim and dual zone climate control.
The Platinum version is the urban cousin to the King Ranch trim. Like the King Ranch, it's only available with a crew cab and the 5.0L V8 engine. It also features a voice-activated navigation system, unique 20" polished aluminum wheels, LED side mirror spotlights, power deployable running boards, aluminum interior trim and a leather wrapped and heated steering wheel.
The Ford F-150 has been completely redesigned for 2015. The new truck is tougher, sturdier and stronger but also lighter and smarter. Ford has injected a healthy dose of modern technology into a class of vehicle that has traditionally valued "proven know-how" over "exciting new possibilities." With the introduction of a second available Ecoboost V6 this year, Ford continues to utilize turbocharged engines in its workhorse pickup truck, which is paying dividends in gas mileage and power.