- Bluetooth hands-free phone system
- Chrome door handles
- Remote-controlled mirrors
- Body-color bumpers
- Compact spare wheel & tire
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers -inc: mist feature
- UV reducing glass
- Black grille w/chrome surround
- Front center console -inc: integral sliding armrest, storage compartments, (2) cupholders
- Dual 12V DC pwr points
- Dual cupholders in rear center armrest
- Pwr remote trunk release w/cancel switch
- Overhead sunglass holder
- Front bucket seats
- Fine vision meter cluster instrumentation -inc: speedometer, tachometer, coolant temp, fuel gauges
- Vehicle security system
- Front/rear map lights
- Advanced DriveAssist display -inc: outside temp gauge, low fuel gauge, audio display
- Retained accessory pwr
- Piano black interior trim w/chrome finish
- Pwr remote front windows lowering
- Vehicle immobilizer system
- Floor & trunk carpeting
- Rear window defroster w/timer
- Intelligent Key system
- Pwr door locks w/auto-lock feature
- Rear assist grips
- Front/rear doors w/bottle holders & map pockets
- Lockable glove compartment
- Push-button ignition
- Independent front strut suspension w/stabilizer bar
- Front wheel drive
- 2.5L DOHC 16-valve I4 engine
- Battery saver
- Electric hydraulic speed-sensitive pwr assisted rack & pinion steering
- Xtronic continuously variable transmission (CVT)
- Independent multi-link rear suspension w/stabilizer bar
- Pwr front vented/solid rear disc brakes
- Driver & passenger supplemental dual-stage front airbags w/occupant classification sensor
- Active understeer control (AUC)
- Traction control system (TCS)
- Shift interlock
- Front & rear crumple zones
- Electronic brake force distribution
- Lower anchors & tethers for children (LATCH)
- Front side-impact airbags
- ALR/ELR seat belt system for passenger seating positions
- Vehicle dynamic control
- Child safety rear door locks
- Front/rear roof mounted side curtain airbags
- Emergency inside trunk release
- Brake assist
- Energy absorbing front/rear bumpers
- Front seat belts -inc: pretensioners, load limiters, seat belt sensors
- Side-door guard beams
- 4-wheel anti-lock braking system
- ELR seat belt system for driver seating position
- Zone body construction
- 3-point seat belts in all seating positions
- Energy absorbing steering column
The 2013 Nissan Altima has been rethought from bumper to bumper, and the result is a sedan infused with the perfect blend of economy, sophistication and performance.
The new body is not only attractive, it is structurally stiffer than the car it replaces. Add to that a redesigned multi-link rear suspension and Nissan's Active Understeer Control, which brakes the inside wheels in a turn to increase control and the Altima delivers a spirited drive.
In keeping with the rest of the Nissan lineup, the 2013 Altima is available in S, SV or SL trims, and each trim is available with either 2.5L or 3.5L power. The 2.5L delivers an impressive 38 mpg on the highway.
The 2.5L inline-4 offers 180 horsepower, while the 3.5L V6 produces 270 horsepower and 251 ft-lb of torque. Both engines feature variable valve timing and drive the front wheels through Nissan's Xtronic Continoustly Variable Transmission. In the 3.5, paddle shifters and manual shift mode offer precise driver control.
In 2.5 S guise, the Altima offers standards like 16-inch steel wheels, power windows and locks, climate control, an AM/FM CD stereo with Bluetooth hands-free connectivity and streaming audio, a 6-way power adjustable driver's seat, keyless ignition and an advanced Drive-Assist Display, which puts important information in a prominent position amid the gauges to allow for better ease of use for the driver. With the 3.5L engine, in addition to the generous bump in power, S trim includes paddle shifters with manual mode and 18-inch aluminum wheels.
The 2.5 SV includes 17-inch alloy wheels, remote start, dual-zone automatic climate control, and a 5-inch color display with the latest version of NissanConnect, which provides drivers and passengers with access to select Google search features. The 3.5 SV adds a power moonroof, folding outside mirrors with LED turn signal indicators and fog lights.
Finally, the Altima 2.5 SL features goodies like leather-appointed seats, a heated steering wheel and Bose premium sound system, while the 3.5 SL adds xenon headlights.
Several packages are available on the 2013 Altima. The Convenience Package for 2.5 SV offers the power moonroof, fog lights and special interior ambient lighting, while the Navigation Package for both SV models includes Nissan Navigation with a 7-inch touchscreen display and voice recognition, steering-wheel-mounted navigation controls, real-time traffic and weather and Google technologies via NissanConnect. The Technology Package for SL models includes all the features of the Navigation Package plus a blind spot warning system, lane departure warning system and moving object detection.
Safety is engineered into the 2013 Altima, and standard on every model are several airbags to protect front and rear passengers alike, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes with brake assist, stability and traction controls and a tire pressure monitoring system.
Nissan has redesigned the popular Altima sedan inside and out for 2013. The new car boasts a more rigid body than its predecessor, with sleek, flowing sheetmetal and improved aerodynamics. The interior is fitted with premium touches, including plush leather, wood and metallic accents and attractive ambient lighting. Powering it all is a choice of a 182-horsepower 2.5L inline-4 or a potent 270-horsepower 3.5L V6. Each comes standard with a silky smooth continuously variable transmission and 2.5L cars offer up to 38 mpg on the highway.
The redesigned Nissan Altima starts at $22,500.